Our approach to compliance management and helping our anesthesia practices meet proper coding and changing regulatory demands
is unique we believe in a balanced approach that emphasizes practical application coupled with state-of-the art coding surveillance and
exception reporting. For example, our individualized Coding Communications help anesthesiologists stay on top of coding compliance
and provide direct and personalized coding education and advice to the provider.At SupportMed, our systems and processing
sequences take into account CCI, RAC, and other anesthesia-specific compliance edits to continuingly and optimally provide a layer of
extra protection for our clients, including:
- MD/CRNA Care Team modifiers
- Med Direction/supervisions concurrency checks
- Broken med direction
- Blocks, lines, and modifier coding
- Anes start/end case overlaps; Discontinuous
- HIPPA (including Security & Privacy
- Stark I & II
- Hi-Tech requirements
- Electronic data control & confidentiality
- Duplicate charge screening
- Gender-code conflicts
- Mutually-exclusive code sets
- Practice compliance & audit programs
- Compliance audits and check-ups
- Written Corporate Compliance Plans
- Corporate Policy & Procedure Handbooks
- Payor & RAC audit defense
- Coding profiles & comparison reporting
- Physical status & qualifying circumstances
- Locum tenens & reciprocal billing
- Post-op pain coding rules
- Overpayment & refund mgt
- Proper primary/secondary/tertiary claim
- ICD-10 code sets
At SupportMed, we help anesthesia practitioners understand how to effectively balance proper and needed compliance with the right
strategies for internal administration. Our health care compliance approach minimizes risk while providing data safeguards and practical
policies & administration to our clients.
- Gain a transition windfall!
- Rely on built-in compliance checking for claims processing!
- Enjoy peace of mind with our ultra-secure data protection!
- Benefit from skilled expertise…we do not offshore!
After two bad experiences with socalled national billing companies, I greatly appreciate SupportMed’s
unique operational approach and
“perfectionist” service mentality! What a relief!
Harold Branston, MD, Practice